PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some cookies that are installed. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
Cookies - These are data files placed on your device which often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.
Log files - These track actions occurring on the Site and collect the following data: your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages and date/time stamps.
Web beacons, tags, and pixels are also electronic files which are used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you. Information collected includes: your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, or the email associated with your paypal account), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
Order Information collected at checkout is used to fulfill any orders placed through the Site. This includes processing your payment information, shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Dependent on preferences selected, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products/ services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise the Site. We generate analytics noting how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing/ advertising campaigns.
Device information is also gathered to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure the effectiveness of this advertising.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data - any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, email, text, social media messaging/ posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. In this circumstance, our legal basis for communication data is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- User Data - data about how our website is used and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain backups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. In this circumstance, our legal basis for user data is our legitimate interests to enable us to properly administer our website/ business.
- Technical Data - data about your use of the 'Site' and online services such as your IP address, login data, browser details, length of visit to pages, page views, navigation paths, number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business/ website, to deliver relevant website content, advertisements and to understand the effectiveness of our marketing. In this circumstance, our legal basis for user data is our legitimate interests to enable us to properly administer our website/ business and to develop our business and marketing strategies.
- Marketing Data - your preferences in receiving marketing from us, third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions and to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you. We also using marketing data measure the effectiveness of this advertising. In this circumstance, our legal basis for marketing data is our legitimate interests to enable us to study how customers use our products/services and to develop our business and marketing strategies.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook/ Instagram adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. In these circumstances, our legal basis for marketing data is our legitimate interests to develop our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to develop our business).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative.
You can also opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
DO NOT TRACK
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If you enable it, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn't tracked, for example by third party ad or social networks, or analytic companies. You can opt out of tracking and analytics on this website by changing your settings in the Managing Cookies section on this page.
At present no industry-wide uniform standard has been agreed and adopted to determine how DNT requests should be managed, so our website doesn’t currently respond to DNT requests.
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can read more about these rights at the Information Commissioner's Office.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us!
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, we may also refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would be grateful if you could contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use/ disclosure, processing purposes and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail.